Rose Cottage

 A year ago this week, John and his backhoe were here, beginning to dig the footprint for Rose Cottage in my daughter's backyard!

Rose Cottage footprint
We spent much of August and September 2022, dethugging, curating and purging,  in preparation for the move! I help so blessed to be able to live next to my daughter and her family, and for all their help on making that possible! We sorted (Mary and I) - my son- in law Matt made thrift store and dump runs, and stacked boxes, paintings and furniture in storage.

Percy and I tucked in at 'the big house' (my little dog Gracie was with us through November - at 15, she had been a great companion and we miss her!), and over the next 6 months,  watched Rose Cottage emerge!

View from my grandson's window - Feb
By mid April, we passed all the inspections, and it was time to move in!! I'd ordered my first new bed since childhood, and we began getting things out of storage. I shopped a bit, Mary found several tall bookshelves on FB Marketplace, and we brought them home in Matt's truck. 
Book nook in the Atelier

We had envisioned a loveseat in the living room - and this week Mary found a Marketplace listing for a sweet one in saddle brown leather! Great condition and price,  and it was just a couple of blocks away (and he delivered!)
Living room in June
The old arrangement included a pair of chairs, and my largest harp, Rowan Luchair. 
New couch
The new couch is cozy and fits the space beautifully!! I've kept the little table, rug and wicker chair in the living room; the cherry rocker and Rowan in are in the Atelier/ library.
I love the new arrangement and sweet couch!! Wiped it down with a damp cloth (put a pinch of salt in the water, for clearing energy, and my cleaning spray has lemongrass essential oil), and it's ready to grace the space!











Comments

  1. I loved hearing your story of progress and can I tell you that I'm particularly fond of your "book nook"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to have these tall bookcases - there are 3 more (another dark brown and two double ones light wood, from a lawyer's office! Plus the nicest of my old shelves ...

      Delete
  2. Building and furnishing your own home is a wonderful project. Here’s to many happy moments in your new place!
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamara! it was fun to watch emerge

      Delete
  3. How exciting to see your new cottage become more and more of a cozy home every day. Love your new furniture and book nook! I love how happy you sound! Cindy Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is sweet to add cozy touches! I need to dig into what's still in storage, and decide what still 'fits' both me and my space!

      Delete
  4. How exciting! We have been watching some people rebuild a stone house in Italy and love seeing the end result. Thanks for sharing your journey and pictures. Enjoy you cottage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be lovely! I love reading about people restoring those old some houses!

      Delete
  5. I love your cottage and all the steps you've made so far! Do keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning