Reset Wind Down

 As our month of Resetting winds to a close, the other facilitators and I are Reflecting on the journey. 

Rose Cottage is also getting closer to completion, and I'm dreaming into my new space!!

Rose cottage and garage

We hope this month has given our participants an opportunity to rethink and feel into their own Living spaces, and enjoy them a bit more!

As my co-facilitator Katy commented, it's not about keeping a picture-perfect or super tidy space. It's not about decluttering and having a minimalist lifestyle - (unless that's what suits you!)

  • It's - finding the balance that works for you, and making slight shifts you feel good about!
  • It's - being more mindful, and finding a balance that works for you. 
  • It's - making slight shifts you (and your family) feel good about!
  • It's - crafting cozy and welcoming spaces
  • Perhaps you've discovered some new routines, or 'cozied-up' a nook? Some tips may have resonated, or photos inspired - what are you excited about, going forward?

    When I moved in to my daughter's back room last October, plans were for my place to be done in December or January (the merry-go-round of city rules and changes caused most of the delays, enhanced by winter weather!)

    Snow in February

    I've lived small before, and it's a good challenge to consider what's really needed, and what brings comfort and speaks of home. 

    I am feeling into how I want to set my spaces, and bring those good feelings into each.  I'll be getting some new things, and curating what's currently in storage. I plan another round of 'pruning' and downsizing, as i being things in, so my space doesn't overflow!

    Kitchen, counters & table runner

    On the weekend I browsed in a few downtown shops, and found a couple of cotton-linen towels for the dining table.  

    I've loved having one area (besides my personal nook) to tidy each day, and used the family Chart as inspiration for own cleaning/ tidying schedule.

    Rose Cottage Chore Chart 

    • The Concrete counters are now sanded and sealed! (Wow!!)

    Sealed counters and farmhouse sink

    • The room lights are in, and it's so nice and bright! There are sweet carriage lights for the exterior. 

    Well lit Atelier - there's also a skylight

    Bathroom Light

    My old house didn't have overhead lights in the living room, atelier, nor my bedroom! I do love my lamps, and have several in storage I plan to use for ambient lighting. 

    Little house on Galloway mid face-lift

    Katy bespoke lighting a candle to shift energy - another of my favorites is to use a bit of salt!

    If you participated in the February Reset, do you have a favorite tip or inspiration from our journey?

    You're invited to share it in the comments!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Front door

    Conscious Corners

    In the beginning