Reset time

  I'm looking forward to this year's February invitation to Reset the space of your Living Altar, which I'll co-facilitate with a friend from our Intentional Creativity community. This is timely, as I've been in my new house 9 month, so it will be good to revisit my use of this lovely space! It will be my second year in this role as a host.

Vinny

A decade ago, our Intentional Creativity mavon Shiloh issued this invitation:  "I would love for you to finish your painting if you haven’t, and then to clean your studio. Reset your altars. Make new room for the sprouts to come up through the ashes. You need space and time to see what’s coming up and what wants to be shared and prepared for...."

Red Thread

The Reset group description reads, "think of this, what if your whole home was a sacred space? Throughout February, (we) will lead a month of consciously clearing spaces in your home, and you're invited!" 

As we are approaching the beginning of  Asian New Year (February 10), I pulled out this guide from my friend and Feng Shui practioner, Gwynne as I make space for fresh energy (Chi /Qi) and clear out the old, stagnant and stressed Chi from the year just passed. 

Feng Shui guide
 While clearing and resetting, we're encouraged to follow the basics of «keep, redistribute, pass on» I was fortunate that my daughter and son- in law helped me paste down as I prepared to move in the fall of 2022 - what Allies can you engage? As Gwynne points out on her intro, "it's absolutely fine to delegate this, it must need to get done! If it's just going to be YOU doing this and you already help overwhelmed, just do a wee bit each day."

Oil lamp and mini-altar

Marie Kondo's inquiry "does it spark joy?" has helped many curate what stays, and decide what to place in another area or pass on. I appreciate my son-in law's touchstone: "I like it, but it's tired!" Clear out corners, wipe surfaces, empty trash, rethink uses of objects. Bring inspiration in. 

When you are ready for a reset, Pinterest is good for inspiration, my Atelier board has ideas for studios, and I collected ideas for Rose Cottage in Granny Flat.

Percy and Rowan

You're invited to pour a cup tea, and sit with your journal, 

  • What spaces in your home do you find restful? 
  • What areas need attention?
  • Which inspire? 
  • What are you making space for?
Do you have a favorite tip for resetting?

Comments

  1. The other day I heard about a pragmatic approach on how to sort through your stuff: "In case of a house fire, would I pay money to replace this item?"
    And another one: "Just because you stuff this item into your cupboard doesn't mean you're going to use it."
    Both resonate with me. I want to get rid of so many things, I just struggle to start somewhere.
    Happy Resetting to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That second one brings a chuckle - so true! My kitchen cupboards are on the list for revisiting!
      And yes - just getting started can be a challenge!

      Delete
  2. Sixty years of collecting stuff, will it take me sixty years to get rid of it? It will if I do it by myself! ;)
    Thanks for giving me a focus for what to do when this blog challenge is over. The concept of clearing things out to make room for new things, new creative ideas and energy, is a wonderful practice and focus for the Asian New Year. It helps to get over the SAD symptoms of this time of year in the northern hemisphere.
    This summer was a clearing and reorganizing period when my daughter, granddaughter, and two cats relocated from UK back to Canada. Space was re-allocated for them to be comfortable while they found their own home in Canada. In the mean time, there were changes everywhere here. My daughter continued to work remotely with her European clients so we time shared the office space.
    Some of the changes have stayed, others will be revisited next month.
    Keeping a sacred space also means keeping it in good repair.
    Happy New Year, whenever you celebrate it, and as often as you celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this gives you inspiration for a new focus - I aphasia shout knowing I'm in good company!
      Last year I was the one living at my daughter's, whilst rose cottage was being built!! Fortunately, being new is in good shape - but repair is an important element! (I do love celebrating often!)

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea. I share my home with roommates, but I still might be able to do good things in my own space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - a little reset on your own can be uplifting! I've enjoyed sharing space with housemates and having a chorechart for shared spaces

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning