Pumpkin Patch

 One of the delights of being a grandparent is family outings! As an only child, I'm at times amazed at having 9 grandkids, and it's a great to spend time with the different constellations.

Family Fun

We had so much fun visiting the Heiser farm pumpkin patch on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon! My daughter calls potions worth her 5 (just 2 still at home) FFF - Forced Family Fun! Her next oldest daughter and our little extra (half sister to two of her girls) joined us. 

Train ride

We rode two of several trains (3 trips through the tunnel on our first ride!), petted farm critters, took a hay ride to and from the Maze of maize and pumpkin patch; the kids had shave ice, and I got persimmons ... 

Hay ride

A good time was had by all, and we came home with pumpkins to carve! I like to cut off the top, scoop the seeds, add potting soil and plant a matching pansy!

Red pumpkin 

What's your favorite fall tradition?

Comments

  1. Nadya, what a great outing with FFF! I love the idea of planting a petunia in the scooped-out pumpkin, if I understood that correctly. My favorite Fall tradition is making soups and chili, and a yam swirl pound cake I've developed. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - so fun!!
      Your gal soups and chill sounds so good - and the pound cake!
      I plant happy faced Pansies, which are cold hardy! i saw some at a nursery, years ago - often two toned orange with a nearly black face!
      When the pumpkin begins to get soft, i put the soil and pansy into a put, and compost the pumpkin!

      Delete
  2. Nothing better than going on a outing for family! Looks like you had an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning