New Greenhouse!

 This weekend, my son-in law assembled my new Greenhouse, with help from my daughter! 

Matt, Nadya and Greenhouse
I was excited to find this one for a good price (plus free shipping and $100 discount!) in early fall, and this winter my tender plants will have protection without taking up space on Matt's workbench in the garage!
We moved around 70 pots last fall, and I jotted down garden dreams ... I thought of a polytunnel, so happy to *finally* have a greenhouse!! 
4x4" Base
I suggested we site it between the fence and shed on the SE side of the back garden for warmth and protection from the elements.  Matt laid gravel and put down a frame of 4×4s, to which he'll attach the little structure for more stability. Zander helped distribute the gravel!
Matt began assembling the frame and panels yesterday morning while we were at church and listening to stories from Hibakusha, survivors of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.  
The delegates are visiting from Japan, where Malachi 'Dot' Nelson from our congregation is serving as a co- director at the World Friendship Center. 
Soh Horie, sharing his story
It is such an honor to meet these brave friends, and bear witness to their stories. When the bomb fell, Soh was 6, and his father worked in an office in Hiroshima.  Soh's mother had taken the children to a smaller town nearby, hoping to keep them safe.  His family survived, but his father died a decade after the bombing.
Hoh on his mother's lap
Several of the Hibakusha will speak again this afternoon at the library at Linfield University

I arrived home to see the greenhouse going up! 
Mary helping with wall panel
After it's secured to the base, I'll look for shelving, and decide what goes where! I also want a water barrel - there are little downspouts on the gutters. And maybe heat? 
Well done!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your new greenhouse! I hope it will keep you plants cozy and warm this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic greenhouse! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super son-in-law and daughter you have! Your greenhouse looks awesome and I like the idea of where it is to keep it from the winter elements. I'll be waiting for an update on your plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are - and they built Rose Cottage! I think it's a good spot

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning