Art Harvest

 One of the fall treats in Yamhill County (which is named for the local indigenous tribe) is our Art Harvest Studio tour, when a number of local Artists open their studios to guests for two weekends!

Some of Charles' unique vessels

This weekend, I visited several on Saturday,  and Sunday, my friend Audrey and I visited:

• Britt Block (pastels)

• Charles Gluskoter (pottery - I now have two of his bowls plus a baking dish!

• Leo Sherrin (mixed media, masks - wow!!!) 

• Reetsie Fuller (etched gourds) 

Matson pottery (80s)

It is so delightful to see the spaces in which inspiration comes, and where art is created - sometimes, the whole home is a work of art! For a couple of the older artists, this is the last year they participate. 

Charles Gluskoter - living/ dining room

I"ve dreamed of being on the tour, especially after my Color of Woman teacher training (Intentional Creativity) certification in 2015. Before Lockdown, my art was in a couple of galleries, I hosted a gathering for PNW teachers, and we were just planning more events at Meca in 2020 ...

Olivia, Sepha, Uma, Nadya, Jan
Meca gallery, 2019

Next step is to get my paintings and easel from storage, put some on the walls, and set up the Atelier as an art space!

What's your a dream / goal / next year plan?

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing. I love pottery and other handmade items. Those teapots are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by!
    They are amazing - built from coils, so each one is unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful creations and sound like an awesome art tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that's sounds exciting!! By the way, those teapots are amazing. Some day I want to have a teapot collection. What is my dream or goal? I don't know. I have been taking an astrology class and am thinking about taking level two, but I found out in the class that my purpose is home and family and self-care not my workaholic tendencies. In fact, they are opposites on the chart (NNode and South). So I am thinking about what that would look like. Lifestyle blogging? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son-in law's dad has a teapot collection! Mostly Fiesta ware in various colors! I have my mom's old blue Lipton teapot and a few others ...
      That N/S node dance is a funny pull, isn't it? I've got a late Virgo ascendant - so almost every planet is in opposite house from its sign!! With my 12th house sun, I tease in a Pisces mascaras as a Virgo ....

      Delete
    2. One friend loves the imagery of the sabien symbols, and another, the messages from the prenatal solar and Lunar eclipse! (Obligation to the collective/ what's needed for personal balance) jan Spiller's Spiritual Astrology has a great overview of these

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning