Imbolc blessings

 Imbolc is one of my favorite 'cross quarter' holidays, (the ones between Solstices & Equinox) : It marks the feast day of the goddess Brigid, a time the goddess washes her face, & is renewed! In Celtic mythology, she is a member of the Tuatha de Dana, and brings wisdom, poetry, harping and Smithcraft. Many sacred wells are dedicated to Brigid.

Candlemas and Groundhog's day mark this passage in western calendars, and the Christian saint Bridget has many of the same attributes. 

At this time of year, I am drawn to inner cleansing - and after receiving a lovely bundle of kale and herbs from my friend Nikki's garden, I've been making green smoothies for brekkie. 

Cloutie flags by a sacred well

Fiona Morgan, writing in We'moon says: "A pure new light sparks as we emerge from winter's dark sleep. . . We recharge our psychic batteries as the entire universe begins to quiver & pulse its cosmic rhythm. Earthlings feel Her intensity acutely as the Wheel shifts in these troubled times." 

Seasonal Altar

I often play harp, light candles & incense to honor this cross quarter (tho astrologically, the halfway point is closer to the 6th or 7th) In a little while I'll turn on my joyful harp Rowan's fairy lights, and play awhile. 

Rowan Luchair 

My move into Rose Cottage is a little over a month away (fingers crossed). A couple of fans are  on, to dry the 'mud on the drywall, I brought incense and circled the rooms tops morning. 

Do you celebrate the cross quarters? How do renew yourself and your space?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning