Front door

 One of the simplest things you can do to welcome good fortune is spending a few minutes on your entrance and front door periodically! 

My Purple Door

  • Stand on your front walk, and look at your wall, porch and entrance
  • Is the path clear and safe? (Opportunities flow)
  • Is your address visible? (Can fortune find you?) 
  • Greenery - are trees, shrubs and potted plants overgrown or in poor shape?  (Overgrown: too 'full' to receive more - dead branches or plants feel un-cared for)
  • Is there clutter or trash?
  • Is the porchlight in good working order? Doorbell?
  • Does your door need a wash, or fresh coat of paint?
  • If there's a mat, is it in good shape?
Note anything that needs repaired, trimmed cleared or replaced. 
When you're out and about, notice entrances and doors that appeal! Check out doors on Pinterest (this board of Gwynne's has some lovely ones)

When weather permits, go out for a 15-20 minute tidy! As I was preparing to sell my Galloway House, I did this frequently! 
  • Sweep the pathway and front porch/ steps.  A bit of cinnamon essential oil on the bristles adds a welcoming touch! 
  • Shake the mat and sweep under it 
  • If there are cobwebs under the porch roof, you might give those a sweep (dry mop with microfiber cloth works great)
  • Wash the door- Put a bit of salt and lemon or orange peel in the wash water with a bit of eco-friendly soap
  • If there's a screen, wipe out down/ wash it also. 
  • Go out on the path, and appreciate your fresh entrance!
Some bonuses from Feng Shui:
Red envelopes
  • Place 8 coins in a red envelope 🧧and tuck it under the mat - or 3 Asian coins on a red thread - this provides a seed for more fortune to find the path to your door!
  • Put 3 pinches of cinnamon in your palm, step outside and blow them onto the door.
  • If you use another door as your main entrance, plan to use this one daily (keep the other tidy and welcoming as well)
  • Wash and paint your door!
  • Check out Amanda GibbyPeters' podcast on using cinnamon, citrus and salt for a quick refresh.
At the beginning of the last Rabbit year, I painted my front door purple and loved it!! I switched to burgundy for awhile, then refreshed the purple.

Does your front door welcome you in?



Comments

  1. Never heard about those coins, cinnamon blowing, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coins (with a central square hole - for ease of carrying on ancient China) I've used and enjoyed for decades .... these used of cinnamon are new to me as well! I love Amanda Gibby Peters 'simple shui' tips!

      Delete
  2. I love the color of your door. I have bells on my door. I never heard of the coins before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and good ideas to do to make front entrance inviting. I will do some of them when snow is gone. I checked out Cas of Clutterbug she is very helpful. Thanks for your referral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lily!
      Yes, snow would be challenging!
      I do enjoy Cass' tips and her encouraging attitude - glad you are finding her helpful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Conscious Corners

In the beginning