Well-being

 At the beginning of the year, we often ask ourselves, "what are my wishes for my health & well being?" Rather than making resolutions, many of us work with intentions, and ways to meet those. 




My first thoughts are more movement, healthy food, clearer home & serenity!

 I am so fortunate to live in zone 8, with year round access to fresh local produce.  I shop at the weekly farmers market, and am planning this year's garden.  My grandson is nearly 12, and my garden buddy. 

I've eaten mostly local OG veggies & fruit, & try to keep the rest of my food as close to home as possible, for most of my life! My parents grew up on farms; we always had a garden, and got milk from the dairy next door.  

Our little family (daughter, her family & myself) have eaten Gluten Free for 12 years, & several are dairy free. Sugar and treats can tempt me (yes - plenty of GF versions are available!) - so my intention is to choose whole foods first, and be more intentional with treats. 

As a kid, I HATED PE - often ball sports. I had a couple of gymnastics classes that were more my style...


In my late 20s, we went to see my oldest niece in Nutcracker - wow!! The next week I began taking classes from her Vaganava method teacher, and though it was a learning curve, loved it!! Lynn's daughter Emma Seth is now the principle teacher, and my daughter Mary and I intend to take classes more often.  
(My son Josh (as 'Mother Ginger,') 2011 Nutcracker, with one of the principle dancers Nora, peeking out from under the skirt.) 
 
I began taking Tai Chi & Qigong at 33, when I became a Massage Therapist. I enjoy Breema body centered movement, and several dance forms. Last summer someone mentioned Japanese Morning Exercises, the 6 Minnie sequence is great for stimulating the lymphatic system! I do movement from my repertoire several times each week, and intend to continue. 

My word for this year is Weave - I'm Weaving new friendships and stories! I've begone connecting with some new groups who's interests are similar to mine, and reconnecting with others. 
Weaving new stories

I'm living at my daughter's whilst Rose Cottage is being competed, and am in the chore rotation with 6 others, 11, 12, 18 plus two other adults.  So I'm feeling into what my own chore chart will include - how I'll arrange my space, and what I'll choose to include and which to pass on. 
I want to invite folks over for tea and garden visits - and intend to have a bright, welcoming home! 

What are your wishes and intentions for your health and well being?
 

Comments

  1. My intentions are to dedicate time in my craft room more, besides writing. When I'm crafting, it alleviates my anxiety and gives me energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a Wonderful intention. Angie! I look forward to seeing my art/ craft/ music room in my being-built home!
      Creating is a wonderful way to alleviate anxiety (and even pain!)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are creating and living your best life with lots of intentions.
    I am intentionally creating better health and well-being in my life this year. I have discovered I could not set a goal, I had to assume the identity and create a process for achieving the outcome I desired.
    Rose Cottage sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good approach - so important to discern how we work best! Wishing you well.
      I think it will be lovely home!

      Delete
  3. I haven't thought of a word of the year but I love your approach and to weave is the perfect word for new friendships and stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning