30th Art Harvest

 A fall treat in Yamhill County (named for the local indigenous tribe) is our Art Harvest Studio tour, and this year marked the 30th tour! Over 60 local Artists have opened their studios, or are displaying in a shared space for two weekends!

Tour brochure

I met my friend Audrey at Currents Back Door Studio (where I've led Red Thread circles and offered classes) to see the work of 3 artists. Then upstairs to the Rose of 3rd which is always a treat! 

This year, folks could get a preview of work by each of the artists in the ballroom at 'The Rose' or at the Newberg Cultural Center throughout September. Three of artists display their pieces in the front room, and 3 in the ballroom of this lovely Mission style space. 

Spiral necklace by Debra Franciosi

I often choose a piece of jewelry or pottery- this year the copper and silver necklace called! (And goes beautifully with the earrings I got last year from another artist on the tour, Maggie Bowman)

Audrey and I then walked from downtown to visit 4 individual studios - 3 in my old neighborhood! 

Catherine Borchert

This piece reminded me of some of my own work - and Catherine had come up from Sonoma county, and is familiar with Shiloh's work! Catherine converted her small garage into a Studio space, which I'd thought of doing with my old one (4 blocks away!)

Songs of Light, Mary, Mama Gaia

Whilst the tour is a big commitment of time and resources, I've thought of applying to be one of the artists! The last gallery I had work in closed during the lockdown, and most of my pieces are in storage - time to get them back on walls!

Does your town have an art tour?


Comments

  1. Very cool art. Yes it's good to unbury old artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I moved into Rose Collage last year, and need to have my son-in law put up pictor hangers so I can do more than prop paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think our town has an art tour, but I’ve never checked. It could. Kind of makes me curious now.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours was the first in Oregon - now several others have followed - they are precious

      Delete
  4. That most be so awesome to see all the different works from local artists! I love the jewelry! We don't have an art tour in our area but what a great idea. I think it's time for you to dust off your pieces in storage and display them in the art tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha - and yes! They are so much fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

Conscious Corners

In the beginning