Conscious Corners

 I'm looking forward to the February invitation to Resetting the space of your Living Altar, which several friends from our Intentional Creativity community host. I'm also a bit nervous, as I've been invited on board to help facilitate the group this year!

Red Thread

A decade ago, our IC teacher Shiloh issued this invitation:  "I would love for you to finish your painting if you haven’t, and then to clean your studio. Reset your altars. Make new room for the sprouts to come up through the ashes. You need space and time to see what’s coming up and what wants to be shared and prepared for...."

Whatever your space and projects, giving time and attention to a reset often inspires us, and gives access to new ideas and insights. 

The Resetting group description reads, "think of this, what if your whole home was a sacred space? Throughout February, (we) will lead a month of consciously clearing spaces in your home, and you're invited!" 

While clearing and resetting, we're encouraged to follow the basics of «keep, redistribute, pass on» Wipe surfaces, empty trash, rethink uses of objects. Bring inspiration in. 

Oil lamp and mini-altar

Marie Kondo's inquiry "does it spark joy?" has helped many curate what stays, and decide what to place in another area or pass on. One of my son-in law's touchstones: "I like it, but it's tired!"

When you are ready for a reset, Pinterest is good for inspiration, my Atelier board has ideas for studios, and I'm collating ideas for my new home in Granny Flat.

Atelier





You're invited to pour a cup tea, and sit with your journal, 

  • What spaces in your home do you find restful? 
  • Which inspire? 
  • What are you making space for?

Comments

  1. Nadya, congratulations on stepping up to help lead the resetting "festival". I'm sure you'll find it enriching. I am remaking my home into my sacred space after the passing of my husband in August 2021. So I am totally on board with sorting, shredding (or taking boxes for shredding), donating, popping up the colors I use, installing more minerals and plants, and more. It will take me a few more months to finish going through my late husband's files. But as I do, I open up spaces and take a fresh look at where my own files and creations go. No shortage of inspiration! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kebba - I like the term festival for the reset!
    What a process of clearing, remembering, and resetting - blessings as you continue!! (The group is on FB, if you'd like to join in!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadya, I am resetting. I have just set up my little teacup of sea salt on my dining room table. It's where everything ends up. And have you read that Marie Kondo has given up being tidy, now that she has 3 kids? Mess sparks joy now. She's kind of messing up my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - I love using salt!
      I hadn't heard - hee hee-we always wondered if having kids would affect her tidying style! I think we each have to figure out what fits at different stages!

      Delete
  4. Great gardening hearted inquiries!
    I'm a 'hands in the dirt and yogurt in the warm spot' gal, and lifelong artist and OG gardener... My home, Atelier and poteger tend to be a cottage jumble!
    I think my daughter counted 14 altars when we were packing up! (Many of the leaves, rose hips and feathers went to the compost)

    The spring reset is more about using creativity and intention to curate your home in ways which fit each participant, and their own lifestyle, feels cozy and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank You Nadya! I constantly bring leaves, sticks, feathers, flowers, you get the idea, into my home because I love those things, and have piled them in places that have become more of an experiment in hoarding. In my mind, I see myself cleaning and sorting, but didn't know what to do about throwing the natural bits away, until I read your comment. COMPOST! Of course. That feels doable. I forgot about composting.........

      Delete
  5. I need to do this as well but until we finish cleaning out our Storage and condensing and getting things into one and finding out what we want to sell or switch out in our apartment I am stuck. But will keep this event in mind for the future. Have a good day and i hope to see you here at the next #UBC to learn how you did with the challenge and good luck hosting. #UBC

    ReplyDelete
  6. My most restful space is my home office which I shared on my blog. Have fun with the reset!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front door

In the beginning